Peebles Kidder Bergin & Robinson LLP is a national law firm dedicated to the representation of American Indian tribes and organizations. We represent tribes and tribal entities in a wide spectrum of services including business transactions, litigation, and governmental affairs in many forums, including state, federal, and tribal courts.
The Rapid City office of Peebles Kidder seeks one Associate Attorney with preferred experience in the areas of contracts, employment law, housing, education, policy drafting, litigation, and tribal governance.
Duties and Responsibilities include (other duties may be assigned):
• Provide counsel and legal services to new and existing clients as well as represent clients in a professional and expedient manner;
• Apply knowledge of legal procedures and previous cases to effectively counsel clients;
• Conduct legal research by preparing legal memoranda and necessary pleadings required in all aspects of tribal, federal, and state litigation matters;
• Draft agreements and analyze legal documents;
• Comply with all court, state bar and inter-office policies and procedures;
• Conduct legal research and gather evidence; interpret laws, rulings and regulations, analyze probable outcomes of cases using knowledge of legal precedents;
• Apply knowledge of legal procedures and previous cases to effectively counsel clients; present evidence to defend clients and summarize cases; negotiate settlements; and
• Achieve firm’s monthly and annual billable hours requirement
Minimum qualifications include:
• Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school;
• Status as an active member in good standing of the bar of any State – preference for North or South Dakota;
• Three to five years of Legal experience in representing entities or governmental entities, schools, and/or housing entities, and/or in contracts, federal procurement, land transactions, policy drafting, and working with entity clients boards;
• Experience working with Indian tribes or tribal entities strongly preferred
• Proven skills in effectively communicating with clients, opposing co-counsel, and federal/state/tribal agency representatives;
• Excellent analytical, research, and writing abilities; and
• Ability to work well independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment;
Your total compensation package will include a competitive salary, bonus potential, participation in the firm 401(K) retirement plan, and a benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance programs. Native American preference applies to this position.
Send your resume and cover letter, writing sample, professional references and law school transcripts (if graduated less than 5 years ago) to:
Robert Frazer, Chief Operating Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 L Street, Suite 250
Sacramento, CA 95811
Position open until filled.
Job Type : Full-Time