Personal Wealth Intern - Sioux Falls
The First National Bank in Sioux Falls
100 S. Phillips Ave., Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Personal Wealth Intern – Summer 2024
As a Personal Wealth Intern, you will support Personal Trust Account Administrators in the day-to-day administration of accounts, contribute to the completion of departmental projects, and acquire firsthand experience across various Wealth Management departments. This includes exposure to Investments, Legal Management, Risk Management, Operations, Retirement Plans, and Institutional Trust, where you will offer support as needed.
In addition, our FIRST Values apply to all teammates without exception.
- Family – We support, trust, and respect each other, our customers, and our shareholders.
- Independence & Innovation – We embrace change as vital to our success.
- Relationships – We build relationships that are based on strong character, mutual loyalty, trust, and respect.
- Stewardship – We take care of ourselves so we can take care of others.
- Teamwork – We help each other grow and succeed.
Who we are:
The First National Bank in Sioux Falls began its long-term commitment to the Sioux Falls area in 1885. The oldest bank in Sioux Falls owes its longevity to a combination of service, stability, innovation, and family involvement. Over the past 135 years, The First National Bank in Sioux Falls has worked diligently to promote the growth and vitality of our city and the surrounding area. The Bank strives to continually be recognized as a community leader by reinvesting financial resources back into the communities it serves and encouraging active employee involvement in community volunteer organizations.
The First National Bank Way, which is a blend of our Mission Statement and FIRST Values, serves as the foundation of our culture. It is a gift that has been passed down to us and is the legacy that we will protect and preserve. Nothing is more important to us – it is the cornerstone of our success.
Our culture is driven by integrity, service, and strong values; nothing has shaped it more than our FIRST Values.
Our FIRST Values are not just words; they are truly felt by our employees, customers, shareholders, and communities. They tell us who we are as a business and guide our behaviors and decisions as we move forward and build successful relationships.
Although banking has evolved over the years, our mission and values have not and will not change.
What will you do:
Department Projects and Tasks
Responsible for actively engaging in and contributing to various assigned projects and tasks.
- Assist in the opening of and setting up of new accounts, as well as maintenance of existing accounts.
- Develop an understanding of South Dakota trust laws and regulations related to the Wealth Management operations and perform duties in accordance with these regulations.
- Assist Account Administrators in duties as assigned, including facilitating proper execution of responsibilities with legal, tax accounting, investment, and administrative functions.
- Collaborate with all Wealth Management departments to meet customer’s goals and deliver high-caliber customer experience.
- Participate in projects as assigned.
Actively engage in professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and contribute to your overall growth.
- Collaborate with your supervisor to set clear learning objectives for the internship, aligning them with your career goals.
- Regularly review and discuss progress to ensure your experience is tailored to your development needs.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Currently enrolled in an MBA program, Law School, or related field such as finance, economics, etc. and achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently with supervision. Goal-oriented and self-motivated.
- Demonstrate creativity, problem-solving, and solution-oriented skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
What’s in it for you?
With a paid internship at The First National Bank in Sioux Falls, you'll gain valuable insights from one of the community's oldest financial institutions. The internship program at First National Bank is designed to offer students hands-on experience across various areas in the banking industry.
Interns work on real projects, serve our customers, and help solve problems. Our goal is to provide interns with experiences that contribute to their professional growth. Enhance your resume, build meaningful connections in the industry, and enjoy a rewarding learning experience with the longest-operating community bank in the area.
Apply at www.fnbsf.com/careers
Job Type : Full-Time