Unified Judicial System, State Court Administrator's Office
Job ID: 20122
Agency: Unified Judicial System, State Court Administrator's Office
Salary:$89,470.80 to $114,192.72/annually, depending on experience
Closing date: Open Until Filled
For more information on the Unified Judicial System, please visithttp://ujs.sd.gov.
The Mission of the South Dakota Unified Judicial System is to provide Justice for All!
Our employees are our most valuable resource and crucial to accomplishing our mission. We seek talented and motivated individuals to be the face of the court system and help ensure that the Court and all the people that come before it receives the highest level of service. Our dedicated staff work to enhance community safety and ensure victim’s rights while treating all individuals with dignity and respect.
The Unified Judicial System offers a comprehensive benefits package consisting of 10-12 paid holidays every year, extensive sick and vacation leave, paid family leave, military training leave, health and flexible benefits, regular working hours, continuing education opportunities, retirement benefits, a great working environment, and more.
Provides timely, accurate, consistent, and reliable leadership, advice, information, and analysis in support of the Unified Judicial System (UJS) employees and programs while increasing the public’s trust and confidence in the UJS through proactive policy development, legal consultation, and public relations.
Duties may include:
- serving as Legal Counsel for the UJS by researching complex legal issues and representing staff to ensure legal compliance and eliminate liability;
- preparing legal memorandums and opinions;
- reviewing draft legislation;
- negotiating and drafting contracts;
- participating in various committees and meetings to carry out division objectives; and
- performing other works as assigned.
Graduation from an ABA accredited law school and possession of a Juris Doctorate. Licensed by the South Dakota State Bar to practice law in South Dakota and five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in the legal field, policy administration, or lobbying or legislative arena, and supervision of staff; or a related field; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation is required for employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- the law;
- the court system;
- functions of the court;
- the legal and judicial system;
- legislative process and procedures;
- budgeting fundamentals;
- supervisory and leadership techniques and tools.
- organizational and time management;
- project management;
- critical thinking.
- provide supervision, leadership, coaching, and mentoring to staff;
- manage expectations of staff and constituents;
- develop and provide public presentations and training;
- be diplomatic, self-motivated, persuasive, decisive, consistent, and assertive;
- effectively manage highly stressful situations and remain patient and calm;
- research, administer, establish, and interpret rules, policies, guidelines, and procedures;
- act as liaison with other courts, executive branch, and outside entities to build networks and consensus and foster collaborative relationships;
- communicate in a clear and concise manner both orally and in writing;
- establish credibility and integrity;
- maintain confidentiality of personnel issues and records.
The State of South Dakota, Unified Judicial System does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The Unified Judicial System as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
You may view our benefits information athttps://ujs.sd.gov/uploads/pubs/Come_work_for_us.pdf.
Apply at: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=J88
Unified Judicial System
500 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
Job Type : Full-Time