WMS Portfolio Manager
POSITION: WMS PORTFOLIO MANAGER
OVERALL FUNCTION: This person works directly with the WMS Chief Investment Officer to supervise and execute all WMS investment activities within established risk/reward parameters. Articulates perspective on current investment outlook and ensures communication to clients and staff. Implements investment policies and strategies and provides guidance to Trust Administrators, Trust Officers, and Wealth Advisors with respect to investment policies and procedures. Uses multiple sources and data points to monitor and research WMS investment strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS: This person should have a bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of seven years of experience in trust and investments or the equivalent. A professional designation such as a CFP, CPA or CTFA is strongly desired. Must have a clear understanding of economic principals and their impact on the financial markets. Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills are required. Good written and oral communication skills are required. Excellent customer service and PC skills are required. This person must be able to develop working relationships with referral sources (both internal and external), interact on a high level with other area professionals, and become an integral part of the overall Bank team.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES ARE TO:
1. Investment Oversight – Monitor and maintain portfolios in coordination with Wealth Management Officers and Wealth Advisors utilizing approved portfolios and investments set forth by the Trust Investment Committee or directed by clients. Additionally, investing/re- investing client portfolios in accordance with their stated objective. Responsible for communication with external research sources, application of 3rd party investment recommendations, and applying them to client portfolios.
2. Conducts ongoing proactive research and is responsible for making recommendations to the WMS Chief Investment Officer and TIC regarding strategic and tactical investment actions. Communicates investment strategy and changes to clients and colleagues. Creates and maintains investment marketing and sales/retention support materials.
3. Provide guidance to Wealth Management Officers and Wealth Advisors with respect to investment policies and procedures; translates and communicates complex investment topics and financial market issues into simple language and everyday terms that can be absorbed by clients, prospects and employees and sells the value proposition of First Bank & Trust’s Wealth Management solutions.
4. Trust Investment Committee – responsible for attending and supporting TIC meetings, including setting, preparing/disseminating materials, and preparing minutes.
5. Retirement Plan Services Support – Monitor an approved mutual fund list the ERISA department can use for its investment offerings in retirement plans with a focus on diversification, performance, internal expenses and suitability. Be available to discuss investment options with current and prospective Plan Sponsors and Plan Investment Committees in our efforts to retain existing plans and attract new ones.
6. Client Sales – responsible for working in partnership with Wealth Officers and Advisors to acquire new client relationships and generate referrals to other areas of the Bank.
7. Assist in the completion of all internal and external audit requests. Provide direct assistance to the manager for all regulatory compliance reviews (FDIC/State) as requested.
8. Compliance – follow all applicable securities and regulatory laws and regulations, FB&T policies, procedures and compliance requirements.
9. Other – responsible for completion of other client and/or department tasks as assigned by WMS manager(s).
10. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
11. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
Job Type : Full-Time