RPPT Section Roundtable - The Plains Commerce Bank v. Beck Decision
Wednesday, October 4, 2023 (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM) (CDT)
Join members of the Real Property, Probate, and Trust Section as they meet with attorneys involved in the Plains Commerce Bank v. Beck case and learn from one another how practitioners are working with their clients following the decision.
Attorneys will discuss:
- A summary of the case and its holding.
- How banks/lenders are reacting.
- How estate planners are reacting.
- How other states have addressed this issue.
- Ideas for best practices moving forward.
- Ideas for effectuating change (legislative, drafting, etc.).
Discussion participants include Reed Rasmussen, Brett Koenecke, Jordan Feist, and Amy Arndt.