Rural Lawyer Symposium
9/21/2023 - 9/22/2023
To celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the Rural Attorney Recruitment Program, the South Dakota Law Review has chosen the topic of "Rural Lawyers" for their 2023-2024 symposium.
The symposium will be held at the USD Knudson School of Law in Vermillion, South Dakota on September 21st and 22nd, 2023.
The symposium will cover topics including:
- Keynote speech by Chief Justice Steven Jensen
- A panel on the first ten years of South Dakota's Rural Attorney Recruitment Program
- A panel on rural attorney shortages and solutions in other states
- A panel on indigent defense in rural areas
- A panel on how law schools can teach future rural practitioners
- A panel on lawyers in Indian Country
- A panel on professional issues for rural attorneys
The event will be free, although we will ask attendees to register in advance. A registration link will be emailed out closed to the event. If you are interested in speaking on a panel, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest.